Thursday, July 30, 2015

Now THAT'S a good grampa!


Charles built this incredible tree house for his sons when they were small. (Click it to see it better.) It's on Charle's Highgrove estate. Now he's spruced it up for little Prince George, so that when he comes to visit, he's have his own little getaway. I'm pretty sure he won't be getting away without a nanny for a few years yet, but, it's a beautiful gesture. And someday George will love it, use it and always remember visits with his Grandfather. Charles has always been into this sort of thing. He loves gardening, talks to his plants, and loves to design almost fairy tale like settings. Which is much easier to do when you are a genuine Royal Prince destined to become King someday. Yet, the fact that he's wealthy doesn't take away one bit of it's charm for me. I find it so whimsical that it makes me like Charles more. I have always liked him. Don't get me wrong, I loved Diana too, they were just so mismatched.

It makes me sad to know that Di will never know this adorable little guy or his equally adorable sister, but, life goes on. Who knows? Maybe she does know them. Anyway, things like this treehouse make me realize Charles really was a good dad in his own way. Everyone is different, that's the beauty of being Human. The treehouse is supported by slate pillars and has a leaf shaped door. A leaf shaped door! Couldn't you just hug it?
William and Harry really did play in it and they nicknamed it Hollyrood House, in tribute to the holly tree it once sat in. The holly tree is gone, and it stands now in a sort of hidden part of Charles self designed garden called 'The Stumpery', because it's full of old tree stumps and hollow logs. Sounds darkly magical, doesn't it? Charles had the trap door and rope swing removed. Maybe he'll put them back when George gets older. Well done, Grandpa, well done.

9 comments:

Jane said...

I never knew Charles had that side. It is a beautiful place. But that George is way too cute. You just want to kiss his little face and love him up.

Unknown said...

I wonder why they name their houses, even tree houses. And why the wood "rood" so often figures in the name.

Jane, wouldn't the water be very dangerous for all animals? They are the ones with the noses right in the water all the time. They can't help it.

Unknown said...

Just read a suburb in Texas has red worms in their water. The whole suburb. There was a power failure last week but the powers that be say it has nothing to do with it. Oh yea. Probably a delight for a tropical fish tank. And Prince Charles could water his stump garden with it and reinvigorate it. Me, I'd leave town. Too horrid. It's bacteria that eats your brain to drinking or bathing with worms. Visible ones. Hell to the no.

Jane said...

Border, that's a good question. I don't think I,ve heard anyone mention it. But I'm damn glad we don't have those worms. I saw that on the news. At least we can boil the water and use it for cooking and stuff. The idea of boiling that worm water is really gross.

Jane said...

Got a new computer. It's got all the bells and whistles. The only problem is I have no idea how to use it. Guess I'll be paying my computer man a visit. If my husband was here, he could have done all this for me. I got an HP and all my other computers were Dell. I feel totally stupid.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jane ! How exciting to have a new computer! I need one, too, but can't afford one just yet. Did you spend a lot of time thinking over the different brands, or was it pretty apparent from the start what you wanted, or what was best? Maybe I should start to think about what I might like. If you don't mind, what made you choose the one you did?
Christina

Unknown said...

Jane maybe you got the Windows X operating system that everybody (all the ads) say is better than sex. You will probably love it in a couple of days, as soon as you learn the bare minimum about the operating system. Not that I know, I got an apple after I got tired of microsofts previous versions and updates and non-support. But I hear their new system is mighty fine. And there are the "Dummies" books. Altho they don't seem to answer the questions I have. I guess the help function on the computer is better. Print what it says to do. Have fun.

Dirty Disher said...

The red worms in water are most likely moth larva. Certain moths must lay in wet conditions and they hatch as tiny red or black worms. I know this because my mother had them, they were coming from the faucet. But, only the bathroom faucet. So, after much research, I found it. They are harmless, bleach squirted into the pipes will kill them, then let the water run for awhile and you're back to normal. It IS quite gross when you find them by surprise after using the damn water. Worms in my mom's denture glass. LMAO, she was so creeped out, I almost felt sorry for her. Anyhow, we got rid of them with some left over aquarium tubing, a hand pump and Clorox.

Jane said...

Christina, I've been looking for a long time. What I found was everything had a lot more than I wanted. It was like I was looking for a car with just the minimum and all I was finding was Rolls Royces. What really decided for me was that HSN lets you have flex pay which made it a lot easier for me. All my other computers were Dell, but this one is an HP. And Border, it does have Windows X and all I ever fooled with before was Windows 7. My computer guy told me he can put Windows 7 on it some kind of way and I can use both. I'm am not a tech person. Way from it! I am tech stupid. And this has Skype and Cortana. Duh! I know there is a lot of shit that I will never use but again the payment plan kind of made up my mind. And it came with a printer/copy/scanner & fax machine. Which I also needed---my printer screwed up a long time ago. So I'm good to go just as soon as I learn how to use it. I have a feeling it's going to be a long struggle. Damn I miss my husband. He would have helped be through it. I wonder if my computer guy would consider moving in for a few months.

And that worm thing in the water is still the grossest thing I've ever heard of.