Sunday, June 15, 2008

Holy macaroni!


A lady in Orchard, Iowa took that photo from her front door last Tuesday. Yeah, I'm jealous. It didn't damage anything except crops which is almost unbelievable. Most of our crops are wiped out by the flooding here. It's pretty nasty. Waterbugs are gross too. I'm still waiting to get my TOMADO pic. The season is sure not finished, so I bet I will.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

look there's orbs! :)

how did that grain elevator withstand that?? if i saw that a-coming i'd be in the basement STAT!

that lady wins my brass balls award of the year!

Anonymous said...

No Shit Miss Tia! I would NOT be standing at my door facing that. Wow. Definitely brass balls award of the year!

Anonymous said...

Actually, I hope you DON'T get your "tomado" picture. I shudder to think of you being anywhere near one. I've said it before and I'll say it again: tornadoes scare me witless.

CapriciousCat

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! That is awesome and yet so terrifying.What an amazing picture.
Miss Capricious Cat, did you get any of that horrible freakish storm we had last week? Nothing like the pic this lady sent in and yet I WAS hiding in my basement with my dog I was so scared. I had NEVER seen anything like it, thought my windows were going to explode and the roof was going to fly off the frigging house.
People who live in places that are used to such weather would probably have been peeing their pants laughing at me...

Susan

Anonymous said...

OMG i wouldnt be standing at the door taking that picture!! I would have been petrified by that one.
I was paranoid on Wednesday when our sirens went off. There was a few touchdowns but not near us...a few miles away nothing really was damaged tho.

Deb

Anonymous said...

wow, that is so pretty even though it is a horrible thing.

the tornado of 1985 that hit us, i was in niles ohio at the time & it jumped over my aunts house. we were in the basement & it sounded like a freight train! it was so loud.

Anonymous said...

if you follow the tip of it (where it is hitting the ground) upwards it looks like a crazed baboon, really!! Am I the only one who sees that?

Susan

Anonymous said...

Ok. I was trying sooo hard to see the baboon but just couldn't!!

That pic is unreal! It seems like there should be debris in her face!!!

Glad to here only damaged crops and no peeps.

Anonymous said...

omfg wtf

Maybe I haven't eaten enough today, but I can see an evil face in the tornado.

Corina said...

Wow that is AMAZING!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Susan. Yeah, we got that storm in the West Island, but not as bad as it was for you in the South Shore. It got really dark here, and the wind was wild. At least there wasn't a lot of really loud thunder. I can't believe my little vegetable garden was alright after that deluge! My friend was down in Sutton that day. He was one of the lucky people trying to get across the Champlain that afternoon after it got blocked. Can you imagine SEVEN trucks jack-knifed? I read online that they figured there was a microburst over the bridge, which is why the trucks were being thrown all over the place. Remember the one from July '89 when there was all that flooding?

CapriciousCat

Anonymous said...

HOLY BALLZ! What kind of tornnado is that? Where's the black flying debris cloud? Is that a Cool Whip tornado? Pass the Pepto.

mm

Anonymous said...

I can't see a crazed baboon but I do see the spooky face.

Anonymous said...

Re:CapriciousCat
I missed the July'89 one, luckily I was out of the province on vacation and I had no damage from that one to my house. I personally had no damage from this last one either, just a few branches blown down. Other folks weren't so lucky, as you know.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Thats "Wizard Of Oz" scary!!! Dayum. I wouldn't think you'd be trying to get a pic at that time. I'd be running & screaming for the basement with the kids & dogs! That just looks waaay too close to be trying to look at it, it looks to be right on them! Brave people but that seems dangerous to me. and like MissTia, that grain elevator & loading arms look like they are just about to get taken out! Gawd! Thats amazing. That scared me to see.

Anonymous said...

PS: Hello Susan! I DO see the crazed baboon. The full-out big male chest fur & all. Wow! Thats weird. How'd you notice that. Gave me the chills when I went back to check that out & there it is!

Dirty Disher said...

As soon as she snapped the pic, the thing went back up. No one hurt, no real damage. I'm a gawker..I just can't run, I have to look. I make people mad when they're draggin' my butt to the cellar.

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful pic...scary....but beautiful.

Anonymous said...

That photo is not even logical. The things around it would be bent down from the pressure of the wind.
Great photo shop though.