Bill Shatner confronting the rumors (by Nerine's brother) that he didn't try to save his wife..*
"Can you imagine what it was like?" he asks, his face twisted in anguish. “After the OJ Simpson debacle, I suppose I should have known what was going to happen. The media was asking, ‘Did Shatner kill his wife?’”
“I remember diving into the pool,” he says. “I had enough breath for one deep dive. One of her arms was floating above her and I grabbed her by that arm and lifted her, pulling her towards the shallow end. I laid her by the pool. Her skin was blue. I remember every second. For someone to suspect I killed her? I gave my life to my wife because I loved her. I devoted myself to her until the day she died. And believe me, alcoholism had Nerine by the throat.”
“Sometimes I berate her for not having stopped drinking. Sometimes I tell her it’s okay, that I am thinking about her, that she is alive in my mind. But you never get over it.”
*
I believe him. She got drunk, fell in the pool and drowned. Her brother seems to have his own problems. Shatner also says he doesn't wear a toupee and tugged at his hair to prove it. It doesn't look like a rug to me.
10 comments:
Like I've said before, I believe Shatner. The brother is lucky he's not being Sued for such Slander.
And btw. Being married to her was a huuuuge Responsibility ( in my Opinion ) Drunks are a Liability. Who wants to babysit their Spouse 24/7.
Yeah even someone with a minor alcohol problem is a big worry and concern. I can't even imagine what he had to go through with her problem.
Any nut can get a book published it seems.
Shatner had the hairpiece sewn into his scalp.
What's the point of rehashing this story? Didn't she die like 10 years ago or something? For pete's sake, honor her memory. Don't run around accusing people. It only makes you look like an ass.
I think he really needed to clear the air, especially for people like me who didn't know what happened all those years ago.
Hope his comments ruin his brother's book sales!
I'm not convinced his hair is real..looks almost like he has more now than when he was commanding The Enterprise. Probably has it taped on solid. Even if his wife did have a horrible alcohol problem, I don't think he could have just let her die. I don't believe that.
Susan
Unless you love an alcoholic who won't stop drinking, then you have no idea.
mm
I am an alcoholic and I am glad I read the comments about how being married to one is a responsibility. My husband has 28 years sober and I have only a little over six months after a long sober run. And yes, even someone with a minor alcohol problem is a worry and concern. Thank you for an unexpected morale boost!
Brett,
Congrats on your new 6 months sober, that is terrific!
Glad you got a boost here, and good luck to you in your quest for a sober life!
Susan
For mm at 11:15, please take a tour around this site. It is a great place. http://www.soberrecovery.com/
Good luck to you and yours.
Post a Comment