Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Christina Applegate is pretty amazing


I knew she had breast cancer and wished her the best, but, I did not know Christina Applegate's cancer would be treated with a double mastectomy. She had the surgeries only three weeks ago, is doing well and cancer free. Christina made the wise decision to remove both breasts even though the cancer was contained to one. Many women who have breast cancer in their familes are choosing this option now. It couldn't have been easy and I'm sure it is still painful when she moves. Christina will undergo reconstruction surgeries for the next eight months and she still has a sense of humor..
*
"I'm going to have cute boobs 'til I'm 90, so there's that," she joked "I'll have the best boobs in the nursing home. I'll be the envy of all the ladies around the bridge table."
*
Brave girl. You go, Kelly Bundy! Good thoughts to you.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....
No comments, yet?
I guess you must've said it all, DD.

Anonymous said...

Thats amazing for sure. She is sooo young. Thats f'g scary. Didn't her mother have it as well?

Anonymous said...

her ex is probably thinking that Karma is a bitch. She left him for some dancer in her broadway show a year or so ago. I hope he's being nice to her. He's kinda good looking. But WTH is his name????

He was in "that thing you do" he was an O-needer!!! LOL!!! Love that movie! Tom Hanks rocks my world!

Anonymous said...

Sorry assnon 1:42 she did not bring cancer and a double mastectomy on herself, via "karma" What a totally assinine insensitive thing to say.

Anonymous said...

RE: Christina's ex;

Anon @ 1:42- "He's kinda good looking. But WTH is his name????"


--------------
You're thinking of Jonathon Schaech ... GOD, what a doll he is... or *was*... oh anyway-- hopefully he's man enough to set aside his wounded pride and wish her the best under such trying circumstances.

Anonymous said...

I chose a mastectomy when I was told that a lumpectomy was safe - for a while but they may be more scares and operatons. So I said take it all at once, less scarring and trauma than going back every few years for another scoop removed. I had a beautiful new boob built by an artistic female plastic surgeon (that took 8 months or more like Christina). So I added an implant on the other side and I also said I'd have the perkiest boobs in my eighties. Didn't do the double but it is a very common decision these days.

Anonymous said...

how do you know 2:24? Smug ass know it all.

Anonymous said...

because there is no thing like 'kharma'. There are only idiots spilling that bullshit everytime something bad happens to someone.

Dirty Disher said...

Thinking of you, 6:59:00....wishing you the best too.

Anonymous said...

I wish her well and I beleive she will do ok with the positive attitude she has.

crystal