Thursday, March 17, 2011

What Saint Patrick's day means to me

Nothing. It never meant anything to me. It used to mean digging through my crap to find some dumb ass green thing to wear to work so idiots wouldn't pinch me. What the fuck is up with that and get your hands off my ass. And going to work an hour early so the beer truck nerd could deliver his "spechul" fucking keg of "spechul" green beer for the idiots who swear they're all Irish and get the fuck over it..it's food coloring. Keg in place, I also had the honor of handing out a boxful of garish foil "Leprechaun" hats and stupid Shamrock pins like that crap in the picture.
*
Then the rest of the night was spent listening to idiots scream "shore and begore my lovely lass" and breaking up fights between douchbags over weather "The Asshole Song" on the jukebox is Irish or not. Some half wit always insisted on a genuine Irish jig and tables always got turned over. Piss is also green on Saint Patrick's Day and I know that because there's always someone who comments on it or takes a piss outside the door while I'm trying to lock up and go home.
*
We don't even want to discuss corned beef and cabbage, let's just say it's as appetizing coming up as going down. And I don't do puke. Or men's bathrooms. This was made clear in my resume.
*
Ahh, the memories of Saint Patrick's Day. I don't have to wear green anymore and if you pinch me, I'll punch you in the kisser. For real. And I may not have even come close to 'drinking you under the table', but, I could out-drug you in a heartbeat and I would when I got home. (And you won't be there because I have big mean dogs and a gun.) Happy Saint Patrick's Day and thanks for the minimum wage memories.

8 comments:

miss tia said...

there's bars around here, as i am sure everywhere, that open at 5am....i don't get it....and of course they're filled with people drinking green beer and having green eggs and ham for breakfast....gag....

i think it's more dangerous to be on the road today than on new year's eve....

it was 3 years ago today Molly was killed....so i'm always a little sad on st. patrick's day now....

bima said...

DD, I just read your post with a Irish accent!

Unknown said...

Just another Day to me. Ya I eat cornbeef and cabbage with potatos and carrots. Doused it with vinagar. Im not Irish at all but the kids father is and my girls are 1/2 irish and 1/2 German. Oh they are going to be FUN FUN FUN growing up. LOL.....

I didn't wear green today. Because I dont have anything dressy in green. Oh well..

Noelle said...

Yeah I feel the same DD. I don't need an excuse to start drinking in the morning be piss drunk by 4:00 in the after noon. Green beer is gross and unnatural and people don't look like they're enjoying it when they drink it. I don't really like green so I don't own much. I'm going to pull out that shirt I wore at Christmas under a black suit jacket. As usual. Oh yeah and I'm not Irish.

Happy St. Patrick's Day be safe.

Dirty Disher said...

I like green a lot, but, I won't be told when to wear it.

sally said...

Top 'O the mornin' to ya!
lol.

Dirty Disher said...

Top O the sumpin' to you. :)

Anonymous said...

Nobody in Ireland eats corned beef and cabbage. Like, ever. We do sometimes eat bacon (as in ham) and cabbage. Who the fuck started that myth anyway???