Thursday, October 16, 2014

Amy Winehouse..Valerie



I just found this, I'd never heard it before. Isn't it just kick ass??! I love it. Imma put the lyrics and chords in for ya. Just in case you wanna play it.

 Emaj7                                           Fm7
Well sometimes i go out by myself and i look across the water
       Emaj7
And I think of all the things,
                                           Fm7
what you're doing and in my head i make a picture


Chorus
      A(add?)                           Abm
'cos since i've come on home , well my body's been a mess
           A(add?)                       Abm
And i've missed your ginger hair and the way you like to dress
A(add?)             Abm                          B
Won't you come on over stop making a fool out of me
                            Emaj7     Fm7
Why won't you come on over Valerie? Valerie?


Verse 2
Did you have to go to jail, put your house up for sale,
did you get a good lawyer?
I hope you didnt catch a tan
I hope you find the right man who'll fix it up for ya
Are you shoppin' anywhere,
changed the colour of your hair , are you busy?
And did you have to pay the fine
you were dodging all the time are you still dizzy

(Let me know how it comes out for ya. If you're like me and you're no Jimi Hendrix, just lift your middle finger on the Emaj7 and do and some open on that Fm7. It works just fine.)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I felt sorry for the original band, Amy did a cover and it became the best and most popular version.

Bubble at home

Dirty Disher said...

Yep, but, she kicks ass on it. I never liked it before.

Jo said...

I LOVE Amy. Not many can compare to her.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Amy W. was amazing. An awesome performer.
Christina

Anonymous said...

n

Anonymous said...

o

Anonymous said...

Gawd. I almost started to cry. She was so great. GD it. She isn't here anymore and sure should be. All the SOB's, dog killers, wife beaters, drunk drivers, bastards still alive, living their horrid lives, and this amazing talent has been silenced. This world f'g sucks.

rox

Anonymous said...

Oh well. Dick for brains is baaaack...time to lock comments again. Nothing better to do? Go dry hump a splintery fence post, whore.

Anonymous said...

uh-hmm...Am I the only 57 y.o woman on here that blasts her music, drives and plays air guitar, constantly? I swear, ppl would think I am nuts. But I doubt they can see inside my car. I have to switch it up for John Deacon's bass. But, I love it. Bryan May is my guitar hero at the moment. I have many. If Freddie Mercury had never lived, we would all be so f'g boring. IMO.
Yours Truly,
Rox

Jane said...

Rox, I'm older than you and I play my music loud. It drowns out that annoying screeching sound my car makes. Can't find where it comes from so I just drown it out.

Frimmy said...

I liked that. A lot.

Anonymous said...

Janis Joplin and Amy Winehouse - both well ahead of their time!

Dirty Disher said...

It just blew me away. I thought I'd seen all her vids. But, THIS one was a new one for me. And she's so fucking fine in it. She may be high, but, she still looks healthy, she's happy, flirting with the audience and really going deep into the music. She loses the verse once, jumps back in and then at 2:40 she just fucking blows it out of the water. OMG, the power she had. So beautiful. Yeah, I miss her.

Dirty Disher said...

ps, plus I had to add, after that voice and soul explosion, she looks to no one for validation. Nope. Amy knew when she was great and needed no approval. She lived for that feeling.

iambriezy said...

That sent me into a rabbit hole of Winehouse. I watched a couple of documentaries and every video I could find. What a great loss. Not by death...that was a blessing in the end. But those drugs. Some people can't play around and she was one of them. Shame because her talent was untouchable.

Jane said...

I eally rlike her music. I think of her as a cross between Joplin and Eartha Kitt. The only problem is she didn't give herself the chance to do more. She was the only one who could control her destiny. But she was in a dark place. Believe it or not, I can understand that.

And I'm sorry she ever met that Blake dude. I don't think he was good for her at all.

Jane said...

Christina, Thinking about you. Hang in there! It would be easy to say "dump him". But I know it's not that simple. Hugs!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, Jane.
Christina

Unknown said...

I was really bummed when she died. Great singer.

Dirty Disher said...

Briezy, autopsy showed no drugs. she died of booze poisoning. Rebab kills. Janis would still be with us, if if she hadn't gotten clean. They get off it all and forget they can't do massive amounts anymore..even for one night. I've lost friends this way.