Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Oh, Lemon Balm..what did you do to me?

Lemon Balm. A simple and beautiful Herb to grow. It will grow in partial shade, but, if you put it in the full Sun, it turns into a soft big green shrub that gives off the pretty smell of Lemon when you walk by. It's a joy in the garden, because though it doesn't really flower, it looks beautiful among the flowers. Giving your eyes a break from the intense color of the mess of odd flowers I plant. It's a pretty green too. It also sends off shoots that can be replanted or given away to friends. I already have some started from the original plant at the new house.

Anyhow, I asked you guys how to use it and got good answers from tea to soups, etc. And it's great. But, the other day I was looking at it, my dried supply, and I thought, I wonder if you can smoke it? I mean, it wouldn't be the first time I've experimented with smoking Herbs for different reasons. You can look up Herb combinations and you'd be surprised. Anyway, most of the herb smokers on the net agree that Lemon Balm is a calmer. It's used to relieve stress and supposedly good for people who have Thyroid problems too. I don't know about that, but, stress relief? I need that sometimes. Bad.

So, I got my ciggie roller machine out and I rolled a Lemon Balm smoke up. I smelled it. Lemony, harmless smelling. I smoked it. It was slightly, very slightly Lemon tasting and surprisingly a good mellow smoke. Not harsh at all. Much like those flavored cigs you can buy at smoke shops. (I treat myself to vanilla sometimes.) I felt calm in about a minute. This is great, I thought. Amazing.

Then my brain went straight to hell. I got higher than a damn kite. Higher than Cheech and Chong in the 70's. Holy shit. Lissa was staying all night with a relative so I was alone, thank goodness. I didn't know my ass from a hole in the ground. I got the munchies, the whole bit. Those goddamn Herbal advice sites should say, do not smoke Lemon Balm alone. Mix it with tobacco or something else harmless. I HATE being high. I am the biggest proponent of making Marijuana legal, but, me, myself, I HATE a pot high. Lemon Balm, for me, is the same damn thing. OMG.

From now on, I will take a tiny, tiny, amount of the Lemon and mix it with good old home grown Kentucky Burl and smoke one at bed time. Now, that will be a nice calming effect for sleep deprivation. Which you all know I suffer badly from at times. Anyhow, I am just telling anyone who wants a legal high. Smoke Lemon Balm. You'll love it. Me? Fuck that. But, it's legal. I have a ton of it and starts next Spring if anyone wants any. Come on Feds, bust me for fucking Lemon Balm I bought at Wal-Mart. LOL.

11 comments:

Dan Zinski said...

Between that and the poison basement moonshine you could have a hell of a party.

Dirty Disher said...

I aint touching that moonshine with a 10 foot pole. But it will remain in my ancient and interesting basement forever. It's history, man! I wonder what all went on there. The more I dig, the more I find. Clothes from Victorian age, cupboards, shelves, old cans and bottles. It's a goddamn treasure chest down there. It's too cold now to dig. I can't wait for Spring. Every foot I dig out, gives me something to think about. Or sell, like that beautiful old oil sign.

Unknown said...

I don't like getting high. Or drunk. Neither for me. But it sure is good to read your blog, my computer loads so slow or not at all very often so will go days without service. Still this is better than gmail, that takes forever to load, or maybe it never does, as I give up and walk away. After cursing, of course. Wow, was that Rob K's ass getting in the limo? It's bigger than Kim's, just not as firm.
Remember those jumpsuits for women that become all the rage every so many years? They look good but I never buy them because I don't want to be in a public restroom and have to undress to pee.

Dirty Disher said...

I do not like drunk or high either. I hate it. I am allergic to alchohol. sp? I break out, turn bright red and throw up after ONE drink. So, no thanks. Being high is NO fun for me. I hate that too. I like being in control and if I'm not I sort of freak out.

Yeah, I had a hot black tight jumpsuit I bartended in once. It got me some huge tips that night but I almost peed in it trying to get it down. Jeez, you had to take it off the shoulder!!

Dirty Disher said...

PS. sorry for your slow service. Is it the company or your computer?

mary_mary said...

I hate that paranoia, hurry up and get past this feeling pot high. I wish I could dig it, but never could. Not mellow - pure hell.

Jane said...

Lemon Balm? And legal? Hhmmmm I will have to find a place to grow it. It may be my only crop!

Anonymous said...

Smoking lemon balm??? I've never heard of that before. Thanks for taking one for the team and reporting back to us. (jk)
My mother brought me some lemon balm as a start,years ago, and now it comes up all over. Actually more in the shade than in the sun, for whatever reason. Maybe we mow down what comes up in sunny areas. I always loved the smell. I think I'll stay away from smoking it, though. I always feel like I have to be alert, and ready to drive, just in case (of what, I don't know).
Christina

Anonymous said...

What even gave you the idea to smoke it? LOL. Did you dry it first? Its loaded with essential oils. Wow. Powerful. I have had all kinds of herbs like that. All the mints, even chocolate mint. But then, it took over my yard! It was all mixed up and a mess. I eventually got rid of all of it. I know now, you must plant mint in containers. Did you know President Taft hated the White House chicken? The previous president, Teddy Roosevelt had planted mint on the White House grounds. & of course, it spread like wildfire. The chickens were free range and ate the mint. So, the chicken always tasted like mint. And he hated it. He had all the mint removed. Permanently. Teddy just used it for his Juleps. LOL.


rox

Frimmy said...

I hate being high and I get sick long before I get drunk so alcohol has never been fun for me. So, I won't try lemon balm but I will certainly recommend it to others!

Debbie Mennitto said...

LOL on this post Pat, I agree with ya, I do not like a pot high either, never did.. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Lissa...