Saturday, September 18, 2021

The Atrocities

 I remember things. Things are coming back to me everyday now, some pleasant, some not so much. I remember being told at Jenny Edmondson in Council Bluffs, Iowa that I had a brain tumor. I remember saying it didn't surprise me as I had always felt that there was something wrong inside my head. I am not prone to making up stories especially one's with small Asian men who hold my hand while they give me bad news. I believe his name even sounded Asian and was wearing green scrubs. A female doctor came in and sat down in a chair near my hospital bed and explained my new medicine. You'd think ''mansplaining'' only comes from men. but, I can assure you women can be guilty of it as well. I interrupted her only once, I was desperately trying to tell her that I can not take certain drugs, particularly psychotropics. She was furious with me and told me I would be taking these meds. She had prescribed two different kinds and had me taking seven pills a day. Seven.  I don't do well with one, let alone seven!

I shut my mouth and figured I'd straighten this out with my doctor when I got home. I wasn't even sure why I'd been sent there. Here are things I remember. I remember I called 911 after I fell. I knew it was bad and I knew I'd be a fool not to be checked out medically. I don't remember being carried out of my home, but, when I came to, my daughter, Casey, was beside my bed. She was sitting in a chair, with her phone. I must have scared her. She usually comes to get me, wherever I am, but, this time, I believe, they had put me in a medically induced coma to let me heal. My whole face was pretty messed up. I think it took a couple of days before I was even able to open my eyes. This was at the Clarinda Regional Health Center. Which is our hospital and the place where all our doctor's have their offices.

1 comment:

Lucky cola said...

Navigate the gaming universe with finesse. Every move counts – make them legendary! Lucky Cola