Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Stupid protests..need their ass kicked

Disneyland will not be closing Gay Days Anaheim for Miley Cyrus's birthday. The park closes at 5 pm, okay? You can be gay all day. I have news for you fuckers...if you're over 12 there is nothing gayer than Disneyland. Now, go sit your ass in a pastel spinning tea cup and shut the fuck up.
*
The National Federation for The Blind is all pissed off at the portrayal of blind people in the upcoming thriller Blindness, starring Julianne Moore and Marc Ruffalo. A spokesman said "The movie portrays blind people as monsters, and I believe it to be a lie. Blindness doesn’t turn decent people into monsters." Hey, genius, it's just a movie, and how would you know..you can't see it. YOU'RE BLIND. Why am I typing this to them?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

.... http://www.gaydaysanaheim.com/

I don't see the protest...

Anonymous said...

That's because there *isn't* one.

Anonymous said...

you crack me up DD - btw - you ok? Dang I have left numerous emails for ya.

crystal

Anonymous said...

i've been a regular reader here for quite some time and have even sent in a couple pictures. this is the first time you have offended me but i am still offended none the less. my best friend of over 10 years happens to be blind and while i understand that it is just a movie, it is not the movie that has offended me but rather it was you. and just so you know, there are computer programs, such as jaws or window eyes, that reads what is on a computer screen so a blind or visually impaired person could, in fact, be "seeing" what you wrote.

Anonymous said...

kirsty: I'm sure that you and your friend are not REALLY that delicate that words on a screen, paper or spoken are going to make you crumble into pieces. Everyone has been the subject of snarky comments over some personal attribute or deficiency (real or perceived): too tall/short; fat/thin; smart/stupid; etc, etc, etc, etc. Most of us have have sufficient self-esteem to let such remarks roll off our back, and have no need to demand others alter their attitudes or vocabulary.

Anonymous said...

No, you are right, we are not that "delicate". In fact, we joke about it all the time. But I don't think that it is necessary to aim hurtful ignorant remarks at a population that is already at a slight disadvantage when compared to others. And I'm not calling their blindness the disadvantage but rather the way other people see them and the assumption that they are incapable of doing stuff for themselves. ie: using a computer.

Anonymous said...

hey! you shudup about Disneyland! I take my kids "at least" twice a month, they let them run around yelling and spilling shit, they have clean restrooms, good food and a flat surface. This time of the year is the best, no lines. I would rather have my kids around a bunch of gay families than a church picnic anyday!!