Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Parents lose child for three years for..what??

After giving birth, without complications, V.M.'s newborn was taken away from her on charges of endangering child welfare. All because she didn't want to pre-authorize a cesarean section that neither she nor the hospital had any reason to believe would be medically necessary, and wasn't.
I was reading this and thought, oh gawd, what woman hating Islamic country is she in and it turns out it was New Jersey! Are you fucking kidding me? The woman and her husband have been fighting to get their child back for three years! The article is HERE. Oh, and I didn't put a photo on because the photo was totally stupid, didn't relate and who the hell picks those out? Lazy fuck should be fired.

And if that isn't bad enough, HERE is a story about an Iowa mom who was arrested for falling down. She was talking to medical people at the hospital and they got personal and she admitted that she'd thought about abortion early in her pregnancy and she was arrested for attempted feticide! She wasn't trying to kill her baby, she fell! It's like we're living in a fucking prison where women are treated as property. I hate the world today. I'm really pissed off over both these stories.

7 comments:

iambriezy said...

Man this pisses me off! I guess I would have lost my son AND gone to jail then. During that pregnancy, I fell down the stairs and then I also refused to consent to a c-section unless it became necessary (which it never did). Lucky for me, that was 18 years ago, before people forgot about Roe v Wade.

Dirty Disher said...

iambriezy! I'm so glad t see you! How ya been?

just wondering said...

http://advocatesforpregnantwomen.org/blog/FGopinion.pdf

Start reading down around pages 4 or 5. The mom was paranoid and on zoloft, abilify, seroquel, klonopin, ambien, and more.

iambriezy said...

I've been good, DD. Been here reading...just not a lot to say lately. But then you go and post something like this and Gaaah! Fucking people piss me off.

Unknown said...

It's none of their fucking business. Fuckers.

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading the opinion on this case. It's not really about the c-section...mom was paranoid and psychotic, off meds during pregnancy and was combative, etc at hospital.

She and husband both admitted to her psych history and treatment while she was hospitalized. They then later denied it and refused to give consent to her records so CPS had to go to court and get a psych evals done. Courts initially wanted to get mom counseled and back on meds so she was safe with the baby AND send them to parenting classes--but the husband and wife didn't comply with the family reunification plan over 2 yrs of psych treatment and being thrown out of parenting classes for being inappropriate. If father had the insight to see his wife was mentally ill, court would have placed baby with him--but he bought into her schizo-paranoia.

I think there were some cultural issues that became barriers too. Not as cut and dry as the link suggests.

A-Gran said...

I also fell down the stairs when I was pregnant with my daughter. Oh, and my Dr. wanted me to have a C-section too. Back then we were allowed to say 'no' to Doctors.