Monday, September 1, 2014

Snoop Dog as White Todd

This is a what the fuck post. Snoop Dog has an alter ego named Todd. He is White Todd, a Caucasian man who has a white guy's hook up website called White Guys Connect. You can Google that, if you want to. I did and found nothing. It seems to be a fake website, but, why? There are vids of White Todd talking about it and Snoop has found his white voice. If this is some sort of comedy, I don't get it. It's not funny. I found the vid HERE. Snoop Dog could never look white, sorry. Now he looks like a black Albino. If a white person dresses in black face, everyone screams racist. Is Snoop being racist here? I have no idea. I'm the whitest person I know and it doesn't offend me.

What offends me is that last incarnation Snoop had where he turned Reggae and called himself Snoop Lion. I listened to Smoke The Weed and the La La song and I didn't get Reggae from it. There was a slight Ska-ish drum beat, but, fuck me if that made the shit Reggae. Hell if I know, but, it was awful. He claimed his 'third eye' was opened by the Reggae experience. I think he was bent over looking in a mirror for his third eye. After hearing it, I put on Bob Marley for two days straight to help clean Snoop Lion out of my brain. I hope Snoop Lion has retired so Snoop Dog can go back to rap. I just don't get Snoop anymore. I think maybe someone laced his weed with stupid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nah. I think the stupid was there to begin with. I am cracking up at the "bending over and looking in the mirror for his third eye" remark, though. That is some funny stuff right there.
I think this is probably a little racist, but only because our culture is hypersensitive to anything race-related. And, no, I'm not offended by it at all. The race thing has gotten blown way out of proportion. People are just too intolerant these days.
I don't get the whole renaming yourself, either. I rolled my eyes when Diddly did it, and when Beyonce wanted to be Sascha, sometimes. I'm certainly not calling Snoop Dog anything but, that, either.
On a side note, we were at Disneyland, probably about 6 or 7 years ago, and were standing at the front of Adventureland, talking about what we wanted to do next. Our son said, "Hey, there's Snoop!" I said "That's nice, honey", without looking, and he said "Mom, it's Snoop!" I said, "oh that's nice they have Snoopy here, honey", thinking they had a Snoopy character roaming around with the other characters. Andy was getting exasperated, and tugged on my arm, "MOM! Look! It's Snoop!" I looked up, and it was Snoop Dog, about an arm's length away from me, walking through the crowd with an entourage of big guys in black T-shirts. I turned to my husband and said, "oh, look, honey, it's Snoop Dog." My son was beside himself, with the I-told-you-so's. He walked up, ahead of the line to go on Indiana Jones, or something. The big guys kept most people away, but a woman in the crowd ran up to touch his arm like he was a visiting saint, or something. @@
Sorry to hijack, but mentioning Snoop Dog brought back the memory.
Christina

Jane said...

Reminds me of when Ted Danson was dating Whoopi and wore black face to some party. (I can't remember if it was Halloween or whatever.) It didn't seem to bother Whoopi but some people got really jacked out of shape about it. Is this what's called two sides of the same coin?