Friday, September 12, 2014

W..T...Fing..F??

I wasn't going to blog today at all. My insomnia is back on with a vengeance and I haven't had any sleep since Tuesday, which makes me squirrely. I do have a new old obsession to help me deal with it, but, I'll post on that later. I've been having more family problems and sometimes I think no one could have a weirder, crazier family with more problems than I do....and then I read something like THIS.

That woman is 31 year old, Erika Murray and she was taken into custody after police found the bodies of three dead babies in her house. The house was filthy, had rodents and dirty diapers a foot deep blocking the door. Neighbors said they'd been complaining that the house stunk for ages. The remains of several animals were also found in there. Four living children were removed from the home. The two oldest were Murray's children. But, these children had been removed previously, it took authorities some time to find the bodies of the infants! It took them two weeks to find the bodies!

She has pleaded not guilty to criminal charges of fetal death concealment, animal cruelty and witness intimidation, said her court appointed lawyer. The report speculates that Ms. Murray could be mentally ill. Ya think???  The judge did not order a mental evaluation on her. Umm, what?

I don't even understand any of this. If the neighbors have been saying the house stinks for ages, why did it take so long to get someone in there to look and remove those poor kids?? Why is she charged with witness intimidation, what's that about? No mental exame?? The older kids were hers, but, the two others (one just a tiny baby) have no birth records. Who do they belong to? What happened to the other babies? Why did it take two weeks to find bodies in that mess? Didn't the older kids attend school, didn't anyone notice something wasn't right with them?

I don't understand any of this mess, but, I sure feel sorry for those kids. I also don't think my family is the craziest bunch any more. As far as I know, no one is hiding any bodies around here. Jebus. Did any of you guys hear about this? Can you make more sense of it than me? I need as nap, but, I suddenly feel the urge to clean.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Horrifying. So, did she just quietly birth a couple more babies and they didn't live, or did she just kill them? If some of them are not hers, how on earth did she get them?
It boggles my mind that people were complaining about the smell for some time and no-one investigated. I read that one of the neighbors saw one of the older kids playing outside from time to time, and he always wore the same red shirt. I guess kids do that. They get fixated on one particular outfit and want to wear it all the time, and nothing else. In hind sight that is a concerning thing, but it wouldn't necessarily set off alarm bells. You wouldn't think the kids that went to school would not smell very good, either.
I thought it was really sad that the one boy who was taken out and put in a police cruiser, wanted to stay in the cruiser. I think I read that he didn't want to go back.
One look at that picture tells me she isn't right. There is something really wrong with her. I know that from the news story, too, but just looking at the picture, I feel a dead feeling.
How can someone not just take dirty diapers out to the garbage?
It is very sad that it took so long for someone to intervene. Those poor children. I can't imagine what this has been like for them.
Christina

Speak To Me said...

Why is intimidation of a witness the "most serious crime"? Good grief!!

Tricia said...

Who's the father of those kids?
How did she get food and feed them?
Did she drive?
Did they go to school?
How did she earn money?

Unknown said...

I saw this is less detail someplace else. I think they mentioned some other adult lived there also. I guess that was wrong. The kids may not have gone to school. The kid I took care of a lot and brought to LA several times for holidays, and took to Florida for Disneyworld, was very late starting school. Her mom was one who lived bumming off other people and not collecting benefits. Too lazy to go ask. So she was completely out of the system. No records of anything on her at all. But smart as a whip. We went bird watching and hiking and did all kinds of things with my dogs every weekend. Somebody eventually said to social services or somebody, hey why isn't she in school, she's 7. That finally put her in the system. While the kid has a great potential, with her mom she is doomed. Almost 16 now, and headed for hell in a hand basket, whatever that means. She got in one of the best middle schools in the nation, her grandmother drove her there in the mornings and within weeks she started walking or taking the bus home. Grandma didn't know, as the mom didn't tell her. She was expelled, and ended up in "home school", aka nothing at all. Went back to high school and is assing around. Shame. Really is. Blown potential. But she has no direction, no thought that you have to get up to go to school on their hours, no nothing. She's in Sacramento and I could work with her up there but when I came back to LA, my influence was gone. Too late now. I got a notice from the insurance company that we have to go through house with abatement people and some other people next week because of contamination to all contents of my house. Can't be recovered. And I have to find someplace else to live for 8 months, probably. I'm down in the dumper. What else can happen? Guess I'll go to Sacramento and dump my mobile up there and get out what I want to save and shitcan the rest. Maybe see some old friends. At least I won't be here. And at least I don't have dirty diapers all over the floor. And dead babies and pets. Scum. Crazy scum.

mary_mary said...

Oh, those poor helpless animals, too. So heartbreaking This "person" should be executed. Crazy? Who cares. Thin out the herd and get her off the planet. Evil and useless.

Jane said...

The world is so full of crazies, sometimes I think the only people with any sense at all are the agoraphobics.

Roxanne said...

The house stunk? From the outside? JC! Because of shitty diapers and dead infants. And dead animals. How do people live like that? How did she get pregnant, I know how she got pregnant. LOL. But who would F her? Wouldn't she stink too? Gawd, can you imagine the inbreds she slept with? Eww. What a nasty ass bitch. Not much sense, apparently. Even people who don't understand a lot, know a dead infant is wrong.
OT: I'm watching Old Yeller on Netflix. Just found out Tommy Kirk is gay. Something I never had heard about. Is why Disney fired him. Hmm...weird I never knew that.
Hope everybody's Sunday is going well.

Jane said...

Border, I wish there were something I could do for you. Are you in a camper? I'd pull that thing to the most beautiful place I could think of and enjoy those eight months. Do you have to rebuild where you are? Or is it that you want to rebuild where you are. Could this be a chance to move somewhere that you have always dreamed about?
Sending hugs!

Unknown said...

Jane, it has to be rebuilt. And I ought to be around fairly often to see that it looks right. But I may just stay in the dumpy trailer in Sacramento for the winter. I'm having a friend try to break in and see if the water still runs and the electric comes on. If I get up there and it is capable of being inhabited, I'll bug bomb the hell out of it and vacuum and get out dust and dirt with the help of a crew first. My lungs are not real great. So first couple of nights I'll be in a motel. Then when the house is ready in LA again I can abandon everything and return, sell the LA rebuilt house, and move to Leisure World. I wanted to move to Vegas because there is always something to do, plenty of places to eat, and great transportation so I don't have to drive everywhere in heavy traffic. But I abhor heat. Really can't stand it. Makes me sick. Leisure World is in Seal Beach, stays cool there.