Thursday, October 2, 2014

I'm back!


Hey, how are you guys!?? I have missed you all so damn much. This has been a crazy circus trying to get back on. There's no place to buy a computer here, so I ordered one from a rival wireless company.  They had a special deal on a flyer I got in the mail..if you hooked up with them. The wireless deal was really a good deal and I thought it would be great to have two net hook ups because service is always spotty here in the back woods. I ordered a nice HP laptop. They said it would take five days. They did send a guy out to put in the wireless. This house is pretty fucked up, so he had to put in a whole new phone line and box thingy. When he finally got it into the house, I asked him to please put the modem on my desk. But, being a man, he insisted it would 'look' better on a side table by the front door. I argued with him and he said, but, it's wireless, you don't want a wire going across the room. I told him I already had extension chords the same way, hidden under a rug. I showed him. He said that looked like someone would trip over them. I told him they'd been there for ten years and no one had tripped on them. He insisted on doing it his way. He said since I'd ordered a laptop it wouldn't matter. He showed me how to hook it up, left me an ethernet cable which he said I'd need the first time to open the wireless. Then I could unplug and do my thing. In, umm, four days, when the delivery came. Great, right?

That, my friends, was about 12 days ago. They sent it to the wrong house. So, they went back and got it and took it to their office...in the city.  They ended up delivering it to wrong houses three more times. It's fucked up because UPS delivers here all the time. The mail box is clearly marked out on the street. I waited, called, bitched, begged and it didn't make a fuck of difference. They said they couldn't find this house. I finally put a big cardboard sign in the yard. That day they said no one was home. I was home all day, sitting by the door watching for them. Finally they gave it to a woman driver and she found the house with no problem.

But, guess what? She took out this huge heavy box and my heart sank. Yep. Desk top. Big one. I knew if I sent it back it would take forever to get the laptop, so I took it. I'd been sitting here all that time with two net hookups and no computer. That's retarded. Anyhow, I was so excited to get back on, that I set up the desktop as soon as the truck pulled out. I pulled out the comp and it was not the one in the flyer. It's HP and okay, but, horizontal. I had to switch things around to make it fit and it pissed me off. It takes up all the room on the little table it sits on and there's no place to put all the cords and switches where I can get at them. It got worse. The comp itself is fine..the rest of it is pieces of shit. It had the wrong cables, they didn't even fit it. I had to go out to the shed and dig through the junk to find cables. The mouse sucks, the monitor is big, but, their stand didn't fit. I had to jerry rig that with a metal file and it took an hour to make it stand up. The speakers were ridiculous. I don't even want to talk about their keyboard. Two more trips to the shed and I got it set up. I'm using pieces from so many old computers, it isn't even funny. I was so pissed off. I should have sent it back. Shoulda, coulda..didn't. I just wanted to be on the damn net.

I got the motherfucker set up and it worked but, there's no way it will hook up to that wireless network with the cords because, guess what? That fucking man who insisted I needed the modem across the room put in a cord that won't reach the desk. Now the land line phone is in the wrong place too and the kid keeps fucking up the modem because that's where she throws her jackets and book bag. Thanks company man. I think I hate him. I might just hate men in general, at this point. So, I hooked the comp to the old company's shit and here I am. I'm still getting a laptop. Lissa's been bugging for one anyhow. But, I'm still pissed about the whole deal. And me and this new computer, which I named 'Cheap Whore', are not friends yet. Not even close. It's pissing me off. I hate new things.

I hope you've been having a better time than I have. TV is so boring, they show the same crap all day long. My fingers have finally stopped bleeding and I worked up about 47 new songs on the six string  Schecter I jacked up. Now I can actually look up all the lyrics my damaged brain lost. I need an amp, so I can really cause some trouble around here. Sometimes I was so bored, I pretended I was Stevie Nicks (goat voice) and it was the 70's again. The neighbors like Gold Dust Woman, they aren't so crazy about Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes. Look that up it you want to fuck with your own head. Anyway, I missed you so much and it's good to be back. Tell me what all I missed. What's goin' on?? (Hey, that's Marvin Gay, right?)

PS..I see an ad on here. Fuck that shit. Now, THAT, really pisses me the fuck off.



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back! You have been missed. So sorry that they f*cked up your order and internet, but YOU'RE HERE! YAY!
Lucy

Jane said...

I'm so glad you are back and I'm really sorry to hear about all the trouble you had. It seems that everytime I have to fool with cable/comp people coming to the house, it's the same thing. I start dreading it the minute I make the call.
But now I can send my comments. The people around me were getting tired of my comments here. They have started to avoid me.
Did I see right on TV? Did Iowa get snow already? I caught it at the end, so I don't know if I saw right.
Damn, I'm glad you're back. We missed you. You had better believe you are loved. And I love the pic. I may blow it up and put it on my wall.

Jane said...

The only thing I know of that happened while you were vacationing in the sunny Bahamas (yea, I know where you really were), was Sugar Bear cheated on Mama June. You just can't trust a man.

Dirty Disher said...

Thanks Lucy, I missed you too!

Jane, I haven't seen snow, it's nice fall weather here. You made me laugh talking about comments. Thanks. And yeah, I found out about Sugar Bear and it blew my mind. Well, maybe June can get here a Mario look alike now. Also bummed about Hank and Kendra and very bummed about Wiz and Amber Rose. That Amber Rose is such a nice girl, I can't believe Wiz fucked her over like that.

connie45 said...

Everyday you were gone - I felt like something was missing and I'd forgotten something. Did I leave my keys in the ignition? Did I actually pick up Marina from practice?

Glad you're back and am grateful to franken-puter!

And Joe and Teresa are going to prison! Yikes! I really thought at least Teresa would get house arrest.

Tricia said...

Are hank and Kendra done??

I missed you!!!

Dirty Disher said...

Hi Connie! I sure missed you. How is Marina doing?

Tricia, Hi! I dunno about Kendra and Hank, but, it will play out on the reality show. I feel bad for her. I never thought Hank would do that.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!l You are back!!!! I haven't been this happy in a long time!
What a bunch of crap you put up with to get back on. It is astounding that someone who comes to your home to perform a service, can't just put things where you ask. Why is that so hard????? (asking the universe)
I am so glad to see you back. It is awesome seeing posts from you this morning.
Our baby doggy is about 5 months old, and will be going to her first puppy kindergarten tonight. She is a headstrong, dominant little thing. Very cute, but cries all the time. She cries when she wants out, she cries when she wants in, she cries when she is hungry, she cries when she is not hungry, but her dish is empty and she thinks there ought to be food there (Harley quietly stalks the dish for those times, the stinker), she cries when she is bored, she cries when I am in the kitchen, 1 1/2 feet away from her, but she wants to be with me. I have never been around a dog who does this. But, she is very cute, and we love her silly ass.
George and his mom are back from Hungary. I didn't go because I just had this awful feeling that something major was going to happen if I went. I've never felt that before, so I just put the brakes on and didn't go. I waffled back and forth over a week or so, one day deciding I would go, then the next, not. I made the very final decision at the airport. I just couldn't get past the feeling.
We will be closing soon on my mom's house. Approximately 24 hours on the market, and there was an offer for more than full asking price. Not the first offer, but obviously the offer to take. We have done lots of work in preparation, in the meantime.
Once again, I am so very glad you are here!! Welcome back to the internets!!!!
Christina

Dirty Disher said...

Christina! Hi, missed you! Oh man, you have to send me a pic of the pup. I'm going through naughty kitty adolesense. Man, he is a pain in my ass. It's been a long time since I've had a house cat and I forgot how crazy they are when they're young. I'm glad you didn't go on the trip, I think you did the right thing.

connie45 said...

Marina is good, thank you for asking. Playing volleyball, totally into The Walking Dead and Teen Titans or some such thing. Progress reports are due home next week so we'll see if that good can be bumped up to a Great!

I hope Lissa is enjoying school and planning her Halloween costume!

iambriezy said...

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I saw you were back yesterday, but I can't comment at work....Now things in my day will be back to normal (ish) ......snowbunnie

Angie said...

Welcome back! How frustrating your computer issues must be. Such things make me irrationally furious.

Anonymous said...

I remember when i once sent you a little something. UPS left it at a house across town. The ppl opened up the box and broke what was in it. It took me a week to find that box. UPS does some stupid shit. FedEx isn't any better. They don't care. As long as it's off their truck when they report back in. Because they cannot bring back anything! That's why they work so late. They have to go back. When UPS workers get too much OT, they have to take it as vaca paid days. And they acquire lots of them! But they make so much, they don't get OT, they get accumulated paid days off. It's nice, but the OT would be better! IMO.
The internet guy was being a GD man. Like it was his house! Or you are a mere woman and don't understand "shit". Jeez. You should complain and make them come back. I know that's a bitch, but he should fix that the way you wanted it.

Rox