Thursday, January 29, 2015

Is anyone really 'alright'? Hollywood moms

I like the rare sight of Courtney Love hugging her daughter, Francis Bean (I love that name). My beef today isn't with them or any celeb, it's with the gossip bloggers. There is no new news about Courtney or her kid, they just got together for the opening of the new documentary on Kurt. It is the first one that's family approved and Francis was a producer. I can't wait to see it. But, now we (me) have to hear about how Courtney gives it up that she DID do heroin while she was pregnant with Francis, like it's new news and like she said it casually, as if it's nothing. Que the boos and hisses. They need to cut it out, this is OLD news.

Courtney found out she was pregnant in the middle of a drug binge. Every true grunge fan knows about this. She freaked out, (so did Kurt) did not take it 'lightly' and got help. She made a decision, based partly on medical advice (with Kurt), to continue the pregnancy. She fought really hard to be clean during the rest of her term. When the kid was born, both Courtney and Kurt had to undergo regular drug testing from the state. They lost custody of the baby when she was about two weeks old, but, they fought hard and got her back. We all know this shit. Personally, I thought it was fucking amazing and admirable that Courtney was able to abstain from drugs during her last two trimesters. If you've ever known drug addicts, you'll understand what I'm saying. And the same can be said of Kurt for stopping for months in order to get the court to return his infant and for providing a safe home for her. So, I'm sick of hearing what a bad mother Courtney is. We all know she fucked up and lost Francis as a teen, long after Kurt died. That is not the same thing as saying 'Oh, yeah, I did smack while I was knocked up, it's no biggie'. She never said that. Shut the fuck up.

Do not mistake me for a rabid Courtney Love fan. I DO love her band and her music and I also think she's a talented actress, but, I know she's been on the crazy train for a long time. She seems to have an eternal ticket. But, this shit coming out now is just stupid.

Julianne Moor has an interview, HERE where she talks about her personal non spiritual beliefs, she said, "I learned when my mother died five years ago that there is no 'there' there," she reflects. "Structure, it's all imposed. We impose order and narrative on everything in order to understand it. Otherwise, there's nothing but chaos."

Websites are freaking out. I guess it's okay to have a religion that's not mainstream, but, it's not okay to not believe in any deity. Whut? Yeah, how were her poor children raised? ~eye roll~  Some people desperately need to believe that whatever name god is called, we are all in his embrace. When no, we are not. Some of us do not want your embrace. That's called a choice, bitches. Actually, that quote is all she said about the subject and I'm not even sure what she meant, because the dumbass interviewer didn't ask her to elaborate. I understand the 'structure' and 'chaos' part, but, the first part is ambiguous. This is an example of a poor interviewer, not a bad mother. Who gives a shit if her children were religiously brainwashed or not? I'm sure they aren't being trained to be brood sows, like the Duggar kids. (Why the fuck is that okay?) Luckily, Moore saves the interview by being chatty that day. There's some decent thoughts there. I don't always agree with her, but, I'm not starting a website to save her from the NRA. Gawd.



Kim thinks North West is a genius because she's 'halfway' potty trained and amazed her by pointing at the sky and identifying the 'Moon'. Kim didn't know she knew that. The kid is defintely being taught right by someone, but, it aint Kim. Kim's statements tell me a lot about her mothering skills. North is about 18 months, by the way. A pretty normal time to be potty training.

I never jumped on the 'Kim's a crap mother' bandwagon. But, she assassinates her own image when she makes dumb statements like that. Also, I watched the video, where the pics above came from, and she was absolutely, without a doubt, using North as an accessory, with no thought to that baby's needs or wants. It was clearly about making North look cute, but, stop covering Mommy's cleavage, don't touch mommy's hair, etc. Kanye was there, but, he was too busy talking artsy fartsy business in the background to pay any heed to North wanting her 'da da'. They're both pigs. Good luck, North, YOU are adorable, hang in there for the inheritance. Too bad, that according to Kim, they are trying to have another kid. HERE. But, why in hell should anyone waste time worrying about North West? The kid will never be abused or neglected by her nanny. Nanny (s) will take good care of her and I'm sure, whoever is raising her, loves her. How could you not?

If you have kids, you will fuck them up. There, I said it. Is Hollywood just better at it than we are? Let's face it, the only good mother out there is LeAnn Rimes. Wait, what? She doesn't have any kids? Those are Brandi and Eddie's kids? Well, fuck me. We are all doomed.



6 comments:

Speak To Me said...

Structure, it's all imposed. We impose order and narrative on everything in order to understand it. Otherwise, there's nothing but chaos."

My best guess is that she is referring to "organized" religion and/or the sciences when she refers to imposing order to understand it. What lies on the other side really is beyond our five senses and putting it into words has been a struggle for millenniums.

Dirty Disher said...

I agree, but, the interviewer should have asked her for clarification. Idiots.

Dirty Disher said...

Umm, that sounded weird. I meant, THEY are idiots. The source.

Anonymous said...

It's a stupid quote by someone who probably isn't particularly brilliant. Whatever. Everyone has an opinion. But, the interviewer should have questioned her further, just for clarification purposes.
I often feel like I screwed up with my son. I'm just lucky that he is basically a good guy, and I think I didn't do lasting damage.
I just think that with kids, we are all working in the dark. We don't fully know their personalities when they are tiny, and so how can we really know the best way to nurture and guide them? What works for one might be exactly the wrong thing for another. Some children would welcome lots of hands on and intense guidance (I'm talking about myself, here) and others would find that stifling, and would have damage to their self-esteem because they were not allowed to grow and explore on their own terms. Anytime someone gets it totally right, I think it's probably a happy accident. I'm learning to forgive myself for the mistakes I made.
Christina

Anonymous said...

I was an awesome mother - till I had kids

Dirty Disher said...

Christina, well said. That's what I meant when I said, if you have kids, you will fuck them up. You are you and they are them. And one is not like the other.

"I was an awesome mother-till I had kids." cracks me up. I will use that.