Friday, March 6, 2015

Annie Lennox, no photoshop, please



'I go to America, where I see a lot of plastic surgery; I have no problem with plastic surgery, but the issue is, I don’t think it’s done very well because it kind of screams at you from hundreds of yards away,' she explained.

'It tells you: Wow, that woman’s had a lot of work, or that man’s had a lot of work. I find it disturbing. 
'If I were going to do some work, which I mean, again, I haven’t done it yet, I might. 
'But if I did, I wouldn’t want to end up with this frozen mask, which is Botox, which is surgery. I think, the day they get it right will be the day that you can’t really tell.'

*****
I have trouble with text size on here, sorry. Anyway, Annie says she won't let people photo shop her pictures for albums either, because she wants to appear 'as she is'. I think doctors DO get it right now, the surgeries, I mean. I just think some people have too much of it, too drastic a change or bad doctors. The surgery look is popular itself, like an announcement of financial status in some circles. If I could afford a gently face lift, I'd have one in a heartbeat. I'd also have my stupid boobs reduced and put back where they used to be. (Actually, I might not, because I'm tired of surgeries.) But, I love the way Annie Lennox looks at 60. I have always thought she was one of the most interesting looking people on Earth. With her voice, she could look like a total troll and I'd still be fascinated.


HERE Annie, the feminist, talks about why twerking isn't feminisim.

I hate to say this and I feel like a real asshole for doing so, but, I don't care for 'Nostalgia'. Annie's voice is as pure and strong as ever, but, I don't want to hear it wasted on 'Georgia On My Mind' or 'I Put A Spell On You'. Nope, sorry. And her version of 'Summertime' lacks the intricate opening piece Joplin's musicians elaborated and put in there. Without that, it can not be Summertime, not even with Annie Lennox singing it. I want to hear more of HER songs, like 'Broken Glass', 'Little Bird', 'Would I Lie To You', etc, ect. Annie was the first woman I ever heard rap. These kids think they invented it. Makes me laugh.                                           








9 comments:

Kitty said...

She looks great with no photoshop. You know what she looks like? A real live person! Good for her.

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful at 60, isn't she. I haven't listened to the album, but if it's not her own stuff, I don't think I would be interested. Beautiful, strong voice, but she needs her own vehicle to display it, if you ask me.
I was actually planning a small plastic surgery, when my husband cleaned most of the money from my mom's estate out of the bank account. He wants to be cashed out of the house, and so I may have to pay him everything I can scrape together to keep it, if I can. I may not have enough to do that, or even want to do that if it leaves me with a fixer-upper that is not fixed, and no money to fix it. Anyway, I was actually planning a little under-the-chin kind of correction before that happened. And so it goes. . .
Christina

Dirty Disher said...

Kitty, I think so too. So, do I, but, I look old and tired and shitty. It pisses me off.

CHRISTINA, that no good man took his share, god damn it. You make him pay that back or he can suck it. We can go all Thelma and Louise on him, only we don't end up in the hole at the end. No good god damn man!

Jane said...

Christina, you might think about hiding some of your future income. If you earn more than him, he may get it in his head that you should support him with alimony when the time comes. I don't know your situation (other than what you have told us), but he seems sneaky. It just blows my mind that when you think you have been married to this person for however long and you think you know him, he has this hidden side. We could be Thelma and Louise and Associates!!!!

But, back to Annie, she doesn't need photoshopping. Her skin looks flawless w/o even a wrinkle anywhere. I bet there are many stars out there who are jealous of her skin.

Jane said...

Oh, and, Pat, I will listen to her raps.

Dirty Disher said...

Jane, 'Money Can't Buy It', it's in the chorus about 3 min in. 'Now, hear this, pay attention to me, 'cause I'm a rich white girl, and it's plain to see, I got every kind of thing that money can buy, let me tell you all about, let me amplify!'

I didn't even need to look it up. I've had it in my head since the first time I heard it.

Jane said...

And surprise, surprise, she didn't have to use "fuck" or "pop a cap" one time. And it made sense! I could listen to that! Maybe I'm just anti-thug!

Anonymous said...

Annie, Debby Harry, Tina Turner...some women are just so bad ass and even when they get older they are still a bad ass. Bowie will always be a badass, if he never makes another record. It doesn't matter. Mick, Keith... Some ppl are born with it. You cannot acquire it. Leonard Nimoy had it. Born to be cool. You can't learn it. No way. They don't need f'g photoshop either. We want them to be who they are. Annie is gorgeous.

Jane said...

Been listening to Annie. Have you listened to Strange Fruit. Does she write her own stuff?