Saturday, April 25, 2015

Coyotes in New Jersey, in town

HERE's an interesting article about Coyotes and rabid Coyotes attacking people in a New Jersey suburb. They found dens near the school, which is creepy as fuck. Lots of stories in the comments, both sensible and weird, but, it took forever for someone to mention the rabies. Man, rabies spreading through a Coyote population that's not afraid of Humans to begin with? AND setting up headquarters near a school? Someone needs to do some night hunting there, but, then again, if the neighbors are anything like mine, that could make it worse. What was interesting to me was that comments made it clear that they're everywhere. Here, it's always open season on them and you don't need a license to hunt them.

6 comments:

Dan Zinski said...

I hate when they keep painting rock walls to look like there are tunnels.

Anonymous said...

That is creepy. I am sure that they run through the cemetery along side of us. Sometimes at night, if I don't have the TV on, I can hear yipping in the canyon, a short distance across from us. I've never seen any there, but someone I work with, who lives further down the canyon, and very close to our work, has seen them. They just melt away into the shadows.
It is pretty wild how they just adapt to urban areas and are right there, under our noses. I am talking about there (NJ), and here. Right next to a school, with rabies in their population, is scarey. It really just shows a lack of fear of humans, at all. Here, with the odd layout of our town, on two levels, with the bluff, and spread out. . . when they are alongside our property, they are one block off of the busiest street in our town, and the area my friend lives in is next to the hospital, and there is housing all around.
Maybe it won't be cuca rachas that take over the world. Maybe it will be coyotes.
Christina

Anonymous said...

He he he! That darn tunnel trick gets me every time!
Christina

Dirty Disher said...

Might be, Christina, it might be. They are haunting.

Melvin, I never fall for the tunnel, it's that damn Acme bomb that does me in.

Unknown said...

Rabid!!! But what got the most press, and the quickest kill, was the one biting the tires of the police car. I guess that's going too far, so watch out, don't mess with the cops, coyotes. The comments from readers were chilling.

Imabastard said...

just vacciniate those animals.

Worked great in many places.

Germany is as good as rabies free after long, thorougjh vacciniaten campagnains.