Friday, June 24, 2016

Lots of pics today

I decorated with a light trail leading to the backyard firepit. It was REALLY pretty.

Alissa's mom's boyfriend, Willie (who I love) made a great firepit with blocks I bought on sale. And I put my beloved owl lights up on the fug garage along with tons of fruit jar lights next to the thriving punkin' patch. It was much prettier than it looks in pics. We bought all the tiki torches in town and some of those 3 foot candles along with balloons and streamers. The turnout was small because the kid invited mostly friends from out of town. Doh, But, she did have a good time. She and this one big mouthed kid I can't stand dressed like it was a red carpet and told all of us what 'good' music really is. OMG, I hate kids sometimes.

There is the elusive crabster. He is not actually unhappy, he just hates cameras.

Ha! Crabbie, I told you I'd get you and I did. Nearly used up all my batteries, but, he's even smiling. He's actually very cute, isn't he?


Punkin' patch. I am unreasonably proud of it, so far, so good.



The poor babies were confined to their cage all day yesterday because of the festivities. I let them out this morning for some play. Crabbie locked himself in the bedroom with coffee. LOL. He cracks me up. That is baby boy Coon, who thinks I'm someone who brings food and is okay to play with, but, past that, fuck me and he WILL bite me. I caught him hanging off my aquarium trying to get fish for breakfast. Man, talk about self sufficient. He doesn't know it, but, Willie has agreed to climb his tree and put a shelter for him in it. Then he can go, like he wants to. Soon.

That's baby girl Coon and it's blurry because she will not get two feet away from me. She loves me totally, has accepted me as her mother and does not want to leave. So, I will let her visit her brother in his tree, but, she will come inside to sleep with mommy at night, until she decides to go too. I love her so. I love him too, but, he's so damn mean. Yesterday, he bit me good and I smacked him in the nose with a roll of paper towels. It scared him and he cried and kissed me. No biting today, but, I'm sure he'll go right back to it after outside play. I got them a wading pool and I hope to get good pics today of them swimming. Hey, I didn't get any pics of me! But, Lis did and as soon as she wakes up, I'll get one from her and put it on here. Today, I can rest. Thank goodness. How are all you guys??

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a good time. I love the owl lights and the sign about entering at your own risk! Crabbie is cute, and would look good in those overalls and the John Deere hat Jane had mentioned.
That's cute that Lissa and her friend were all dolled up for the party. Why not? Bummer that the friend was a loud mouth, but that's the way it goes. But, sometimes crap like that is hard to ignore.
I just closed on my house yesterday. It's been so long, and such a strange journey, I can't quite absorb it, but my loan agent printed it out for me, for framing purposes, so I guess it's real. Still have to pay off my ex, but that will happen next week.
How am I? Happy, and sad. Tired and energized. Focused and confused. All these choices belong to me now. And, so much work to do, with not much money.
That little girl coon sure is cute. The little boy, too, but the biting is something I would find very difficult to get past. You are a true gift to those little ones, Pat. The little boy may feel ready to be out there, and be wild, but that little girl knows the value of having a mommy.
Christina

Anonymous said...

Crabbie looks like a hobo

Jane said...

I never, NEVER would have thought Crabbie had a beard. He has a great smile---he should use it more. Wasn't there a question way back about the "possibility" of him moving into your old home. Wouldn't that be wonderful. Mom would have someone to focus on and you would have an ally in semi-sanity. How is he feeling about that area? I always thought he was a city boy.

The party looks like it was a success. I used to hate throwing parties. I started worrying from the very beginning of planning that it wouldn't be a success. I guess some people are just natural party planners---I'm not.

Christina, I'm so glad to see that you have gotten your refinance completed. It just still bothers me that your ex gets money from this. I am a vengeful person. (I admit it!) If someone hurts me like he did you, I want to see blood. It just seems like you still have worries while he is free and clear. Maybe I'm wrong to feel that way, but I do.

Border, why would your sister think that you should give her your power of attorney? If that time ever comes, I hope you go to your dr. and make sure he thinks it is needed. Sure seems to me like you do very well by yourself. And yes, dogs do fell the tension that is around them. I had forgotten what it is like living with a dog. I have had to change my life style a lot. Having to get up in the morning to let him out is killing me. I am a sleeper. Cats are just more my style. They just come and go like they want. I feel like I have to supply Puppy with more of my time. But he is getting me to move more---which is good.

I am fighting that damn computer again. I'm back on my old one. I just don't see how, while doing the some stuff on it that I do on this one (the old on), it could have gotten all the worms and bugs that it has gotten. It's going back to my tech guy Monday. I hate that thing. (I think it has been hexed!) Maybe I'll just get him to clear everything off of it and put it on the shelf. (Of course, when I call for support, the guy that I can barely understand, tells me I need a $400 program to clear it and that my life is in danger if I don't clean it now.) It all just gives me a headache.

Hey! Anybody wants to go to London? Now is the time. That whole Brexit thing has me confused. Why did they want to do that? Is it what the people wanted or is it what the gov't. wanted? I will have to read about what's going on.

I think Puppy and I will go out and get a snowball---spearmint.

Boy, ain't life a bitch! But it beats the alternative!

Jane said...

Oh---forgot to add, leave the arbor lights up. They are very pretty. They give that fairy look to your yard.

Something I thought was kind of funny---just got finished looking up what animal manures make the best fertilizer. (It's fish by the way. Just wonder how you go about collecting it.) Anyway at the bottom of the article there was a funding site for Hillary Clinton. (Never trusted her---may not even vote!) I don't know if that is such a wise move---putting Hillary in a basically "shit" article.

lindaonkingsroad said...

I'm so happy to hear you sounding so happy and involved! I'm sure having these new creatures to look after and a birthday party for your GORGEOUS granddaughter and decorating your darling house was really fun (and probably tiring) for you! I didn't picture Crabbie to look like that, but now we have a face to associate with the name (PLEASE CRABBIE, resurrect your blog - I miss it way too much).

Alissa is absolutely beautiful and your house looks great! I'm so glad you're back - I hope the troll isn't keeping you too busy deleting it's annoying posts!

Cheers,

Linda

Unknown said...

It all looks fantastic! So now we know what the Crabster looks like. I second Linda, I miss his blog too. Thanks for sharing your life with us like that Pat. You are a special woman.

Unknown said...

Great to see a ;ic of Crab. The dark pix are beyond me now. Going to call a friend this week and see if she is cool to go to Sacramento with me. I look forward to being around somebody i\who is not a judgmental bully.

Dan Zinski said...

The thing about Crabbie is the novelty wears off fast.

Jane said...

Crabbie, that's really hard to believe.

Dan Zinski said...

Pretty close to being a hobo actually.

Lucky cola said...

Navigate the gaming universe with finesse. Every move counts – make them legendary! Lucky Cola