Friday, June 12, 2015

Randy and Chelsea Rogers, you are in my thoughts

Randy Rogers wife, Chelsea, gave birth to a beautiful daughter they named, Rumer Rain. The baby passed away on June 10th. She was six days old.

source "The Randy Rogers Band lead singer first broke the news to local radio station 93Q Country, saying his little girl fought to survive during her short time on earth. “Rumer passed away last night,” the mourning dad revealed. “She died after a weeklong battle with a very rare condition. She died in our arms and in no pain. She was absolutely beautiful in every way. Her brain however was very sick."

If you don't know who Randy is, you should, even if you aren't a country fan. I am a fan of old county, I love my Bonnie Raitt, Wynona without that mother thing, Emmylou, Karla Bonoff, Dolly, Patsy, Hank and Hank Jr. etc. If Hank Jr. grew another nut sack, then Randy is what he'd sound like. Don't believe me? Check out THIS one, Come Pick Me Up. A bit of John Prine for modern times.
Anyway, my heart just goes out to him and his wife. How can people even stand something this bad?? It's just so damn unfair. Rest In Peace, little Rumer Rain. Know you were loved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very, very sad. I love her name. Poor little baby.